When I tell people I am taking a group to Iles de la Madeleine many ask me WHERE? Iles de la Madeleine or the Magdalen Islands are a tiny archipelago in the Gulf of the St Lawrence River ….a few hundred kilometres from both Cape Breton and PEI, the islands are part of Quebec. I love the Iles de la Madeleine….this is my sixth group tour to the “Maggies” and I plan to go again next year.
So what do I love about Iles de la Madeleine?????
1. The people…..the Madelinots are some of the friendliest people in Canada and they love showing visitors their lovely islands.
2. The “joie de vivre” of the place…..
3. The beauty of the place…..the miles of beaches, the colourful houses, the red cliffs are spectacular.
4. The food – seafood at its best!
5. The Acadian culture that makes this tiny place so unique…..
There is something so very special about Iles de la Madeleine. Come along with me next year for an amazing tour By Land and Sea.
Next week I am off to the Maritimes with my group…..first stop Charlottetown for two nights and then on to Iles de la Madeleine for five nights and finally a cruise on the St Lawrence bringing us back to Montreal and then home from there.
It is one of my favourite tours …….
After the morning (rainy ride) and a delicious lunch, we went paddling on the Tay River – thanks to Perth Outfitters.
On our Perth Cycling Tour Summer 2014
And we clean up real good!
Good friends and laughter
Our 2014 summer cycling tour begins today in beautiful Perth Ontario….the gang is all here, the sun is shining….let the games begin!
Our ride today was in Prince Edward County…such a fantastic day with the sun shining, good friends, great food and service at the Picton Golf Course….Aren’t we so very fortunate to have our health so we can do such things…….truly fortunate. Enjoy each and every day!